- In this treat-to-target trial, Tresiba® and insulin glargine U-100 produced similar A1C reductions (–1.18% vs –1.22%, respectively)
- Baseline: Tresiba®, 8.3%; insulin glargine U-100, 8.2%
- End of trial: Tresiba®, 7.0%; insulin glargine U-100, 6.9%
- At week 26, the difference in A1C reduction from baseline between Tresiba® and insulin glargine U-100 was 0.04% (95% CI, –0.11% to 0.19%) and met the prespecified noninferiority margin (0.4%)
Powerful A1C and fasting plasma glucose (FPG) reductions in a 26-week study in insulin-naïve adults with type 2 diabetes1
- Tresiba® and insulin glargine U-100 produced similar FPG results in this trial: Tresiba®, –71.1 mg/dL; insulin glargine U-100, –63.5 mg/dL
- Baseline: Tresiba®, 172 mg/dL; insulin glargine U-100, 174 mg/dL
- End of trial: Tresiba®, 106 mg/dL; insulin glargine U-100, 113 mg/dL
bSevere hypoglycemia: an event requiring assistance of another person to actively administer carbohydrate, glucagon, or other resuscitative actions.
cNovo Nordisk–defined hypoglycemia: a severe hypoglycemia event or an event where laboratory or self-measured glucose calibrated to plasma was <56 mg/dL or where whole blood glucose was <50 mg/dL (ie, with or without the presence of hypoglycemic symptoms).
BEGIN: Low Volume1,2
Population: Insulin-naïve adults with type 2 diabetes.
Study design: 26-week, randomized, open-label, multicenter trial comparing the efficacy and safety of once-daily Tresiba® U-200 (n=228) and once-daily insulin glargine U-100 (n=229), both with metformin with or without a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor.
Primary endpoint: Change in A1C from baseline after 26 weeks of treatment.
Mean end-of-trial dose: Tresiba®, 59 units; insulin glargine U-100, 62 units.
Want to know more about Tresiba®?
Starting adult patients on or converting them to Tresiba®?
Download full clinical studies on Tresiba®
Eligible patients pay as little as $15 per prescriptiona
aFor up to 24 months. Maximum savings of $500 per prescription. Eligibility and other restrictions apply.
Dive deeper into Tresiba®
Adult patients who miss a dose of Tresiba® should inject their daily dose during waking hours upon discovering the missed dose, then continue with their regular dosing schedule. Ensure that at least 8 hours have elapsed between Tresiba® injections.1
dAfter the last of 8 once-daily injections (0.4 units/kg).