Tresiba® is a once-daily, long-acting insulin indicated to improve glycemic control in patients 1 year of age and older with diabetes mellitus.1 See facts below.
Filling Tresiba® prescriptions: What you need to know
Tresiba® FlexTouch® comes in 2 dose formulations: U-200 and U-100.1
Other facts about Tresiba®1:
Injected subcutaneously once daily, and for adults, at any time of day
- Instruct adult patients who miss a dose of Tresiba® to inject their daily dose during waking hours upon discovering the missed dose, then continue with their regular dosing schedule
- Tresiba® must be dosed at the same time each day for pediatric patients. Instruct pediatric patients who miss a dose of Tresiba® to contact their health care provider for guidance and to monitor blood glucose levels more frequently until the next scheduled dose
- Instruct adult patients to ensure that at least 8 hours have elapsed between consecutive Tresiba® injections
The recommended time between dose increases is 3 to 4 days
- No dose conversion needed
The dose window for both the Tresiba® U-100 and U-200 pens shows the number of units to be delivered
- Opened (in-use) Tresiba® can be kept at room temperature (below 86°F), away from direct heat and light, or refrigerated (36°F to 46°F) for 56 days (8 weeks)
aFor up to 24 months. Maximum savings of $500 per prescription. Eligibility and other restrictions apply.
Don’t forget to order
NovoFine® Plus disposable needles
The 32G, 4 mm pen needle is Novo Nordisk's shortest and thinnest needle available.b
Give your patients a game plan with the Diabetes Health Coach
Live calls from a Certified Diabetes Educator for the first 90 days of therapy for patients with diabetes starting Tresiba®, available in both English and Spanish.c
Personalized online coaching sessions on more than 25 topics—developed by leading diabetes experts.
Ongoing support that includes tools, education, interactive trackers, and diabetes-friendly recipes.
Encourage patients taking Tresiba® to register for personalized support.
bNeedles are sold separately and may require a prescription in some states.
cPatients with diabetes qualify for live phone support if they have been taking Tresiba® for less than 6 months and requested calls when registering for Cornerstones4Care®.